I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas Vacation. This is the best time of year, isn’t it? I love the excitement about packing up and going home for a few weeks! I hope everyone is safe and gets to do everything they want! As for my team….I hope everyone comes back ready to work hard for the Spring “off-season”. It is brutal, but will strengthen everyone physically and mentally.
For any new students that are just beginning in college…I wish I would have known a few things…
- Wyoming is windy and cold- always be prepared
- DO NOT procrastinate studies and homework. Friends and fun stuff will be waiting for you later. Make homework come first.
- Physical activity in an way, always improves levels of focus and attitude.
- The semesters fly by, time passes so quickly. Take every opportunity to have fun and meet new people.
- Get involved. I know we here this countless times, but it is true. College is so much fun if you get involved and participate in activities.
- Get to know professors and teachers. They actually do care about you and your grade. I guarantee they are willing to help you in every way possible, just give them the opportunity to.
- Have a plan. Write down your academic goals, and then NEVER let up until you reach them.
I hope WWCC is as great of an experience for everyone as it was for me. I know you can find best friends, learn new things, and experience new adventures here. Go explore and find out why so many people keep recommending WWCC. Happy Holidays everyone.